Click here to check our embroidery Products Catalogue
We gathered for you a list of the top embroidery materials for you to get started on your embroidery adventure!
the first thing you usually get started with. It’s not required, but it makes the work a lot easier. The larger the hoop, the harder it is to maintain tension. But if your hoop is too small it risks getting your stitch work caught within the hoop. We recommend using a wooden hoop for beginners. It’s affordable and it is best to buy a few sizes so you’ll have them around when you need them. You can also always use a frame instead of a hoop, that totally depends on you and what you are most comfortable with.
Fabric and other embroidery materials –
the second thing you’ll need is fabric. Re recommend using either osnaburg, weaver’s cloth, canvas, quilting
cotton, or felt.
Obviously, these differ from each other so that really depends on the type of project you are making. Sizes differ according to your pattern.
needles are also one of the key
embroidery materials. There are many types of needles and,
again, we can’t recommend any because they depend on your type of project. Different types of needles have different hole shapes, size, length and width. There are ballpoints, sharps, and many more types of needles. The needle size needs to be proportional to the thread and fabric that you are using. Make sure you are buying embroidery needles and not stitching needles because there is a difference between the two.
we use Madeira threads,
of course. You should use embroidery conversion charts if your pattern uses a different type of thread.
you should really think about investing in some good scissors because they will make your life that much easier.
The next step is to choose the right hoops, fabrics, needles and threads.
It is very important to choose the right embroidery materials because they make all the difference, and they affect whether your embroidery project looks clean and professional or not.
The fabric, as we have mentioned above, is key to your embroidery project and one of the most important embroidery materials. It is like the canvas on which a painter paints his masterpiece. Some of the things you need to know about fabrics are:
· Thread count – As we have said before, you should use a good fabric because it is the base of your work. you might think the higher the thread count the better the quality of the fabric. But with embroidery it is a little more tricky than that, because you need the “holes” in the fabric for the needle and thread to go through. So the thread count should not be too high.
· Cotton is best for quilting –kona cotton is always good for a quilting embroidery project.
· You should wash the fabric before starting the embroidery work – washing the fabric is always good before starting with the project, because this way you eliminate puckering.
· You should take the time to learn about fabrics so that you will know which fabric to choose for your different embroidery projects.
· If you have read all of the tutorials and tips and advices and you’re still unsure – just give it a try and you will be a lot smarter. Trial and error is a great way to learn.
Selecting a pattern or design
You can find embroidery patterns
anywhere online or offline. You can use books, magazines, or websites – free or paid – and find a variety of beautiful patterns and designs for your embroidery project. We hope that now you have a better idea of how to get started with your embroidery materials.