Metallic thread make the trend…. .… adding pizzazz and dazzling special effects to any embroidery design. Visual appearance and texture are important features of a perfectly selected embroidery thread and are significantly responsible for the overall impression of embroideries with metallised effect threads. These designs are sophisticated, lavish and precious, making high demands on the choice of thread, color and thickness.
MADEIRA metallised effect threads meet the highest requirements and of course are the highest quality. They run smoothly and problem free on all household sewing and embroidery machines due to their special twist construction unique to every single thread count. The high percentage of metallised foil adds sparkle and glitter to the thread and produces just the right amount of elasticity during embroidery.
Like all other MADEIRA threads, MADEIRA metallic threads can be used for embroidery and decorative effect stitching on anything from fashion, jeans, and home decoration through to precious table linen and elegant evening gowns. Simply reduce tension and stitch counts and most important, we recommend the use of the MADEIRA metallic needle.
MADEIRA’s Metallic No. 40 Thread is available in 5 different variations: Smooth, Brilliant, Sparkling, Soft and Resistant (Heavy Metal) — total of 100 different colors in 200m spools (Art No. 9844), of which 18 colors are also available in 1000m spools (Art. No. 9846):
- Metallic Smooth Thread: Made of 75% Polyester, 25% Metallis Polyester, the Metallic Smooth Thread is characterized by its Smooth touch and strong performance thanks to a new and elaborated twist construction. The strong Trilobal PES core is wrapped by a narrow metalized PES-foil and reduces the metalized proportion in the thread to only 25%. This makes the twist extremely flexible and gives the thread this unique smoothness. Available in 20 different colors. (Art. No. 9842). 8 Colors of this product are available in 1000m spools. (Art. No. 9846)
- Metallic Brilliant Thread: Made of 60% Viscose, 40% Metallic Polyester, the soft Viscose core guarantees a gentle touch even in large-area embroidered products. Pure silver coating grants unique classical richness to the embroidery. Special finish allows embroidering at highest speed with no thread break even on the most difficult materials. Available in 13 different plain and variegated colors. (Art. No. 9842) 8 colors of this product are also available in 1000m spools (Art. No. 9846)
- Metallic Sparkling Thread: Made of 70% Polymid, 30% Metallis Polyester, is the world’s most famous fashionable metallized machine embroidery thread. The beautiful reflection of this special effect thread is the result of a lavish three times twisting process to give designs a unique textured effect and dimension. Available in 37 different plain and variegated colors. (Art. No. 9842)
- Metallic Soft Thread: Made of 80% Viscose, 20% Metallis Polyester is an elegant and soft metallic thread made from velvety spun rayon wrapped by an extra fine metallized foil. The blends of color are outstanding and voluminous thread lends itself to outlining and accent stitching in designs. It is exceptionally gentle to the skin and a wonderful compliment to fashion, home decoration. Available in 20 different plain and variegated colors. (Art. No. 9842)
- Metallic Resistant Thread: Made of 50% Polyester, 50 Metallis Polyester. This “HEAVY METAL” thread is the most hardwearing metallic thread in the world! Its exclusive twist construction and unique finishing processes make this the most abrasion-resistant metallic thread in the industry. It can be washed in hot water (up to 95°C/210F) and is resistant to bleach and chlorine, and makes it ideal for use on sportswear, jeans, and all fabrics subject to heavy use and frequent washing. Available in 10 different plain and variegated colors (Also called Heavy Metal No. 30, Art. No. 9844)
Metallic Glamour No. 8 is also ideal for hand and machine embroidery, crochet and knitting.
For more information on how to use Metallic threads in your Machine click here
Showing 1–15 of 32 resultsView All