Join us in preparing more versions of the MADEIRA’s ButterflyMADEIRA is a family owned group of companies with headquarter and production site in Freiburg, Germany. MADEIRA was established in 1919 under the name „Burkhardt & Schmidt Garnfabrik”. The headquarter and the production site are in the green city of Freiburg near the Black Forest until today.
In the 80s, the company moved into the third generation of the founding family Schmidt: the twin brothers Michael and Ulrich Schmidt have since directed the company’s business and turned Madeira into a globally active company group with numerous subsidiaries around the globe. At the same time, production in Freiburg was consistently expanded. One of the world’s most modern and productive yarns and one of the last yarn yarns remaining in Germany today was developed by specially developed process technologies.
The colorful butterfly is the MADEIRA company’s logo. This beautiful animal stands for MADEIRA’s marketing philosophy that puts customers into the focus of its attention. Just the way a butterfly transforms out of its grey pupa, embroiderers and quilters create colorful and lively masterpieces out of a simple spool of thread.
This unique logo is the theme of our blog, and our call for creating a new colorful embroidery is focused on MADEIRA’s new exquisite thread: The Frosted MATT Frosted Matt is the world’s first truly matte and light embroidery yarn, which brings a whole new dimension to the perception of colors. The unique ceramic core of this embroidery thread (4% ceramic) makes it possible to experience the intensity of natural, matte colors, as is the case with any other embroidery thread. Due to the best possible coloration, the yarn has unmatched light fastnesses.
The beauty of the colors is preserved and does not fade as easily as with conventional threads. Frosted MATT is excellent for motifs with many fine details and for monogram and fancy embroidery.
Frosted Matt Product Technical Details
- Fully matt machine embroidery thread with 4% ceramic in the fiber
- Color perception similar to chalk
- Extremely high light fastness thanks to new dyeing process
- Very long-lasting beauty of the colors
- A bit finer than other 40-gauge yarns, making it ideal for embroidery and detail embroidery
- Recommended needle thickness: Machine needle number 75 or 80
- Separately (Click here)
- In a SmartBox which contains 18 spools of 500 meters of yarn of selected colors, and needles (Click here)
- In a special SoftBox of the entire collection of all 40 colors and needles, and 2 spools of Bobbinfil thread (Click here)
Would you like to try the Frosted MATT thread?
We prepared this “freebie” especially for you
In the Freiburg office of the Sales and Marketing Manager, this special picture with a lot of butterflies, is demonstrating some options of embroidering butterflies using the many different threads offered by MADEIRA. Click here to download, FREE OF CHARGE, The Stickfile available in the popular formats. In the download folder you will find two subfolders. One file is digitized for lightweight webware, the other for heavy webware.
Please note: Freebies are, as always, only for personal use!
If you wish to join us in adding more versions to MADEIRAs butterfly logo —-You also need:
- MADEIRA’s CottonSoft Stabilizer, Art. No. 9436 (Click here)
- Universal Needles, number 75/#11, Art. No. 9450 (Click here) or No. 80/#12, Art. No. 9455 (Click here)
- MADEIRA’s Bobbinfill No. 60, Art. No. 9770, in white color (Click here)
- Fabric of your choice
- Frosted MATT threads (Click here). In our sample below, we used the following colors: Pink No. 7787, Orange No. 7778, Yellow No. 7971, Blue No. 7828, Violet No. 7922, Green No. 7848, and Pink Neon No. 7909
So…… —- Lets start!…..
Please follow these instructions:
- Tension the embroidery fleece and fabric. Reduce the upper thread tension (depending on the machine; on the BERNINA 700 we reduced the top tension by 3 points).
- You may need to reduce the machine speed; this is not necessary, but generally you get better results with household embroidery machines, if you reduce the machine to a slower stitching speed.
- Use colors 1 to 7 per the color chart in the downloaded files. The color card is in the download folder.
You may want to share with us your embroidered butterfly
We will be very happy to have it and make another picture like the one in Freiburg
Please share with us your embroidery until June 1st, 2017
Click here for Special discount of 15% on material purchased for creating the butterflies